Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Retrospective: Week Thirteen

‹prev | My Chain | next›

In an ongoing effort to make this chain as valuable as possible to myself (and possibly others), I perform a weekly retrospective of how the past week went (notes from last week). I do this on Tuesdays to avoid conflicts with B'more on Rails, which usually holds events then.

WHAT WENT WELL

  • Shifted off my application-to-update-CouchDB in favor of a fab.js application (at least for a little while). Fab.js is just that cool.
  • Solved a minor mystery with the fab.nodejs.http proxy app.
  • Started playing with the <canvas> tag. I have heard much about it, but never had the chance to do anything with it myself. It was quite easy and very fun.
  • Hooked said <canvas> tag up to fab.js both via AJAX and comet—both were quite easy to do in fab.js.

OBSTACLES / THINGS THAT WENT NOT SO WELL

  • Ran into a problem with comet and fab.js, which I eventually tracked down to oddness with Google Chrome.
  • I am spending a little too much time with this stuff some nights. Sleep is important.

WHAT I'LL TRY NEXT WEEK

  • I foresee no real changes next week, this one has been incredibly productive and I would be lucky to continue such a streak
  • I would like to figure out how test with fab.js. I have not even gotten the build suite to run at this point.


Day #93

1 comment:

  1. Figuring out how to run tests took me a bit of digging. This might help you out next week: http://gist.github.com/394970

    ReplyDelete